CAN ART BRING SOCIAL CHANGE?

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tour Partnership Formed with Non-Profit Group to Support Children and Art

 
On the eve of my Across the USA from the Eyes of an Artist tour, I formed a partnership with Free Arts for Abused Children, an effective non-profit group dedicated to providing an opportunity for every child in the USA to learn and create art.

The alliance was inaugurated at the group's LA headquarters when I presented an original painting entitled "The Loneliness of Abuse" to the Executive Director of Free Arts for Abused Children, Karrah Lompa.  I created the painting to communicate the emotional isolation and despair suffered by an abused child, thereby stressing the important role that the arts can play in healing a child.


Photo of Free Arts Presentation
Leisa presenting her original painting, "The Loneliness of Abuse", to Karrah Lompa

Having now set out from Los Angeles with my husband, Bruce Goodman, I promise you an action-packed adventure and a captivating view of the American canvas through the eyes of an artist. The journey will culminate in New York City near the end of September. Currently, we are approaching the Grand Canyon...
 

Support Children and Art

Free Arts for Abused Children is a non-profit group steadfastly dedicated to using art to help children recover from abuse and violence. You can help! Give your support by purchasing an authenticated print of The Loneliness of Abuse and 50% of the proceeds will go directly to Free Arts and their kids art projects.

In fact, I will expand upon this with this offer: From now through the last day of September I will donate to Free Arts 50% of the proceeds from the purchase of ANY original paintings or prints through my website.

E-mail today me for details or questions at leisa@leisacollins.com.

Painting: The Loneliness of Abuse
The Loneliness of Abuse


No comments:

Post a Comment