CAN ART BRING SOCIAL CHANGE?

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Across the USA Tour Day One - Leaving the Fiery Ravages of Los Angeles


As we headed out of Los Angeles for the Across the USA from the Eyes of an Artist tour, I felt somewhat nostalgic, leaving the city that has been home base for the last 25 years. However, after a week of raging fires, billowing spirals of smoke and raining ash, I was glad to get away from the chaos. We originally planned to go straight to the Grand Canyon but Bruce (my husband and co-adventurer) and I decided to detour to Lake Arrowhead to meet with our new friends Julie and Daniel Rodriguez. Being that I have always wanted to do  paintings of the area, their offer to show us Lake Arrowhead from their boat was irresistible. 
  
We were welcomed into their lovely home and offered fine wine and cheeses. At the same time I gave a mini showing of my original art. Then Bruce and I jumped into Daniel’s cool Hummer which is decked out nicely with graphics that turn it into a mobile Mona Vie advertisement.  Daniel and Julie are successful Mona Vie reps and the graphics advertise the new Mona Vie energy drink, Emv. We were taken to their equally cool power boat, which is also done up graphics in the same Mona Vie logos and colors. Check out this pic of Daniel and Julie…


As the sun began to set we had a glorious tour of the lake’s pristine waters and alpine setting with Julie and Daniel pointing out local landmarks. I took loads of photos, collecting bountiful material for paintings. Here's a few of the photos...

 
  
  
 
Additionally, an array of graceful lakeside homes, best viewed from the boat, provided ample contenders for my Art-Inspiring Homes Contest USA, which I will carry out throughout our journey. I will be selecting the best homes in the categories of “Most Elegant”, “Most Eclectic” and “Most Unique”, with the three winners receiving a free original portrait of their homes by the end of the tour.
  
Next stop… Grand Canyon!
Leisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment