CAN ART BRING SOCIAL CHANGE?

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Commissioned Artwork in New Zealand

Escaping to a beautiful summer in New Zealand

Instead of suffering the snow and ice in northern Virginia I made a trip back home to New Zealand. I saw my family --which is always a thrill -- spent time at Wainui Beach in Gisborne, attended the wedding of my nephew Troy and married my sister Simone in a lovely forest in Rotorua.  And of course I did lots of paintings -- including commissioned artwork.

Here I am lazing in Drift Inn Wainui Beach with coffee in hand.


Here is the wedding of Paul and Simone and the painting I did for them as a wedding present, showing them walking up a sunlit path and into the future....





This is a commissioned painting I did while at Lake Waikaurimoana.



But it ended all too soon... and before I knew it I was back in Old Town Alexandria observing the very first signs of spring.

Leisa

No comments:

Post a Comment