CAN ART BRING SOCIAL CHANGE?

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I've formed a new group, "Creative Art Nexus"!

Due to the huge interest generated from artists, youth and the community regarding the Del Ray Community Mural project, (see details in  my posting yesterday) I decided to form a new group called Creative Art Nexus. (CAN) Our slogan is "Artists CAN bring change!  Here's my logo.
My new home for CAN is located at 118 N. Fayette Street, Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. I am sharing a wonderful 3,000 square foot space with Camille Leverett, the owner of a new store called the BeautyFull Boutique. Its a cool, artsy consignment shop for women size 14 and up.  CAN will become a new  local community art hub while providing an art mentorship program for youth.  I will also give art lessons to both adults and children.   The wonderful gallery setting of BeautyFull Boutique provides a perfect venue to showcase the work of CAN and to display my own art work plus the original art of other social minded artists involved with CAN. 

Our Grand Opening is next Wednesday, 13th October. There is an Open House between 11 - 5pm and the ribbon cutting with local city representatives is at 3pm.  Here is your personal invite!



Catch ya later,
Leisa

No comments:

Post a Comment