CAN ART BRING SOCIAL CHANGE?

Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Growing Old Town Historic House Portrait Series

We're now settled into Old Town Alexandria and my series of historic homes is continuing to grow.  There are currently eight paintings in the series, as displayed here in my new studio in North Alfred Street Old Town.



Here is one of the latest in my project: The Faces and Homes of Historic Old Town Alexandria -- Connecting the Past with the Present.
This charming home at 217 South Columbus Street, Old Town Alexandria, was built in the early 1800's.

It's current owner is Amanda Washburn who purchased it in 1986. Amanda has lived in Alexandria for 30 years. A passionate supporter of Old Town preservation, Amanda is responsible for the vibrant colors of the house and for keeping it's historic fabric in tact.  Here's Amanda's statement as to why she loves Old Town: "Old Town exudes history.  It's also a true community. The houses are so authentic, they're priceless. And most of all I love my cobblestone drive!"

More to come....
Leisa


No comments:

Post a Comment