CAN ART BRING SOCIAL CHANGE?

Saturday, March 27, 2010

From Spring in Duke Street to Spring in Cameron Street Old Town Alexandria!

Continuing my House Portrait Series,  The Faces and Homes of Historic Old Town Alexandria -- Connecting the Past with the Present

This next home is a one of the most untouched original homes I have seen in Old Town -- both inside and out.  It could be transported to a museum site as so much of the historic fabric is in tact.  The date it was built was 1796 - 1804 and it is called the Ramsay-Snowden House, named after the two original owners. 


The current owners owners are Richard and Trish Klingenmaier. They were able to provide me with a wealth of information about the history of their home and Richard, I discovered, is quite a history buff when it comes to Old Town.  He has become my "historical consultant" and so far there isn't one question he's not been able to answer!


Onto the next one!
Leisa

No comments:

Post a Comment