CAN ART BRING SOCIAL CHANGE?

Friday, August 14, 2009

Art Inspiring Homes Contest Launch








As the old saying goes – “Your Home is your Castle”.

Imbued by fond memories of childhood and family, houses tend to take on personalities of their own. That’s why I decided to add original house portraits to my repertoire of commissioned original art work. I posted sample house portraits in a photo album on my
Leisa Collins Art page on Facebook and on the Commissions page of my website.

Finding that special home that inspires artistic creation is something to be treasured as an artist. As such I truly appreciate the care and creation that so many home owners take to make their homes and gardens aesthetic, charming and artistically stimulating!

Therefore, I am hereby launching the
Art Inspiring Homes Contest!

As we travel on our Across the USA from the Eyes of an Artist tour I will be carefully selecting the most art inspiring homes along our journey. The contest categories are:

1. Most Elegent
2. Most Eclectic
3. Most Unique

However, if you or a friend have a house anywhere in the USA that you feel should be given due consideration, you can submit your art inspiring home for inclusion in the contest by simply sending at least three photos to
leisa@leisacollins.com.

The winner in each category will receive a FREE house portrait original painting of their home!

The style I use for these house portraits is black pen with a watercolor wash. Below I illustrate how I create a house portrait using a scene from Venice, Italy, one of my favorite cities:

1) Photograph

2) Pen Drawing
3) Pen and Watercolor Wash

LET THE CONTEST BEGIN!

Love,

Leisa

No comments:

Post a Comment