CAN ART BRING SOCIAL CHANGE?

Monday, March 8, 2010

My First Two House Portraits of Old Town Alexandria Historic Homes!

Announcing My Old Town Alexandria Original Homes Series

I've finished my first two paintings and have now selected a further array of unique homes in Old Town that I want to include in my series.  Once completed, I will be using this series to create a calendar and eventually put a book together.  My compilation will be a little different, however, in that it will not just be a series of paintings of old buildings, it will be a melding of the glorious past with the equally interesting present. I'm not only fascinated by the history of these charming houses, I want to know about whose living in them now, in other words how did that old building become a beautiful unique restoration of the past!

Here are the first two, on Prince Street and Duke Street respectively.




Onto the next ones!
Leisa

No comments:

Post a Comment