CAN ART BRING SOCIAL CHANGE?

Saturday, November 21, 2009

House portrait of Mountaineer’s Café at Aoraki Village Mt Cook

It was sad to leave Mt Cook and the cozy Old Mountaineer's Café nestled in Aoraki Village Mt Cook but it had to be done. We departed at first light this morning but it wasn't till last night as I sat in the café watching the last vestiges of light play on the mountain peaks that the bright idea struck me.  I would capture the spirit of the café in a pen and watercolor house portrait and leave it as a gift for my friends Charlie and Mary Hobbs, the owners and creators of the café, for their incredible hospitality. And that's exactly what I did.  Here it is.

 

Leisa  

www.leisacollins.com

leisa@leisacollins.com

Posted via email from artwithamessage's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment